Tuesday, May 16, 2006
This is what i call LOR SOR!其中句法结构“扩展”的一种类型:
“更迭性扩展”(expansion by the supersession) :这种扩张是模型里的某个语言项目被一个包含该语言项目但长度超过该语言项目的新的语言项目所替代,从而构成一个长度超过原模型的新的扩展式。
too much too much. overload of han yu yan jiu for me.
oh yea, and i wanted to talk about certain things that irk me about some students here.
Nail-cutting in Lectures
THRICE! Have i heard and seen people cutting nails in class! The classrooms are usually silent, 'cept for the teacher's voice, then u'll suddenly hear the nail-clipping sounds. Some students(probably minority) actually have the audacity to cut their nails in class!!?? I wonder why the teachers here don't really bother about it. Damn disgusting la. The nails on the floor. Yucks.
Singing out Loud while cycling, walking
People here aren't as pai seh about their vocals or about stares they will get when they sing along the streets. I've heard "Peng You", that song by Fann Wong&Jeff Chang, S.H.E songs, couple-of-others-I-can't-quite-make-out, belted out by the students on the roads in Beida. Seems like it's a normal thing to do. Well, I've gotta admit that I do sing out loud here sometimes, cos it's accepted here. But that's only along the corridor outside my room, when I'm on my way to the wash area, when I see no one. It's kinda like a stress reliever. Some sorta.
Spitting on the hostel toilet floor
THIS ONE I HATE THE MOST! 'Cos the toilets are kinda dark, so u can't really see the toilet floor. And it seems some people here spit while they do their business, which is VERY INCONSIDERATE! I think I tio stepping on it a couple of times. DAMN FREAKIN GROSSSSSS! U can feel ur slipper sliding when u walk, and that's when u know u stepped on spit. The thought of hving someone else's spit on my slipper irritates the hell out of me. UGH.
k la, before u all start irritating me more by saying, "See! Who ask you go to China for exchange! You should have known that such things will happen, still complain. Serves you right!" and such insensitive remarks, I still quite love being here. And not regretting it much. Other things that make up for it. Like nice people, great food, cheap stuff and a beautiful campus.
Just about 24 hours more to the chinese lexicology mid-term!
And my laptop has failed on me again.
A MILLION THANKS TO THE GREATEST ROOMIE ONE CAN HAVE!



who's ever so generous to lend me her precious laptop for darn long. and that's north korean coke which tastes like medicine. tried uploading the pic of u smiling with the coke, but blogger refuses to let me upload it. odd. it's ok, i still think u're pretty. =D
still waiting at 1:57 pm